End User License Agreement (EULA)
1. IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
It is hereby understood and agreed that Def-Logix, Inc., a Texas corporation with offices at 3463 Magic Dr. Suite 220, San Antonio, TX 78229 (Licensor) is the owner of all right, title, and interest to the Software Product, regardless of the media or form of the original download, whether by the World Wide Web, disk or otherwise. You, as licensee (Licensee) through your downloading, installing, copying or use of this product do not acquire any ownership rights to the Software Product.
The Software Product is licensed, not sold, to you by Licensor for use only under the terms of this EULA. The Software Product is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The rights granted herein are limited to Licensor’s and its licensors’ intellectual property rights in the Software Product and do not include any other patents or intellectual property rights. The terms of this EULA will govern any software upgrades provided by Licensor that replace and/or supplement the original Software Product, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a separate license in which case the terms of that license will govern.
4. SOFTWARE PRODUCT
The Software Product, as used in this EULA, means, collectively and/or as applicable:
1. The Software Product package;
2. Any and all contents, components, attachments, software, media, and code with which this Agreement is provided and delivered via the Web Site;
3. Any and all images, photographs, art, art work, clip art, fonts or other artistic works (the “Art Work”);
4. Related explanatory written materials and instructions, and any other possible documentation related thereto (“Documentation”); and
5. Upgrades, modified versions, updates, additions and copies of the Software Product (the “Upgrades”), if any, licensed to you by Licensor under this EULA.
5. GRANT OF LICENSE AND RESTRICTIONS
A. Licensor grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable End-User license right to install the Software Product on the local hard disk(s) or other permanent storage media of one computer and use the Software Product on a single computer or terminal at a time. Licensee may physically transfer the Program between computers provided that it is used on only one computer at any given time.
B. Licensor authorizes the End-User to make one (1) copy of the Software Product as an archival backup copy, provided End-User’s backup copy is not installed or used on any computer. Any other copies you make or authorize are in violation of this EULA.
C. Unless provided otherwise in the Documentation or by prior express written consent of Licensor, you shall not display, modify, reproduce and distribute any Art Work, or portion(s) thereof, included with or relating to the Software Product, if any. Any such authorized display, modification, reproduction and distribution shall be in full accord with this EULA. Under no circumstances will your use, display, modification, reproduction and distribution of the Art Work give you any Intellectual Property or Proprietary Rights of the Art Work. All rights, title, and interest belong solely to Licensor.
D. Except for the initial loading of the Software Product on a hard disk or other permanent storage media for archival/backup purposes as provided for above, you shall not, without Licensor’s express written consent:
1. Copy or reproduce the Software Product;
2. Electronically transfer the Software Product through a LAN (local area network) or other network system or “bulletin board” systems; or
3. Modify, adapt, or create derivative works based on the Software Product or any accompanying materials.
6. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS
A. From time to time, at Licensor’s sole discretion, Licensor may provide you with support services related to the Software Product (“Support Services”). Licensor reserves the right to alter, suspend, and terminate the Support Services at any time and for any reason.
B. Any supplemental software, code, content, or media provided to you in the course of Support Services shall be considered part of the Software Product and subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA.
C. Licensor retains all right, title, and interest in and to the Software Product, and any rights not granted to you herein are reserved by Licensor. You hereby expressly agree not to extract information, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or translate the Software Product, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the Software, except to the extent allowed under any applicable law. In the event that such activities are permitted by applicable law, any information you, or your authorized agent, discover shall be promptly disclosed to Licensor and shall be deemed the confidential information of Licensor.
D. You shall not modify, Sub-License, assign, or transfer the Software Product or any rights under this EULA, except as expressly provided in this EULA. Any attempt to Sub-License, assign, or transfer any of the rights, duties, or obligations will be void.
E. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA, provided you retain no copies, you transfer all of the Software Product (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades, this EULA, and all modifications and portions of the program contained or merged into other provisions). The other party must agree to accept the terms and conditions of the EULA.
7. ALL RIGHTS NOT EXPRESSLY GRANTED HEREIN ARE RESERVED BY LICENSOR
Reserved by Licensor.
A. This License is effective until terminated. Licensee may terminate it at any time by destroying the Software Product with all copies, full or partial, and removing all of its component parties.
B. Your rights under this EULA will terminate automatically without notice from Licensor if you fail to comply with any term(s) or condition(s) of this EULA. In such event, no notice shall be required by Licensor to effect such termination.
C. Upon termination of this EULA, you shall cease all use of the Software Product and destroy all copies, full or partial, together with all backup copies, modifications, printed or written materials, and merged portions in any form and remove all component parts of the Software Product.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
A. Licensor shall retain all right, title, and interest in the Software Product and to any modifications or improvements made thereto, and any upgrades, updates or Documentation provided to End-User. End-User will not obtain any rights in the Software Product, its updates, upgrades, and Documentation, as a result of its responsibilities hereunder.
B. End-User acknowledges Licensor’s exclusive rights in the Software Product and that the Software Product is unique and original to Licensor and that Licensor is owner thereof. Unless otherwise permitted by law, End-User shall not, at any time during or after the effective Term of the Agreement, dispute or contest, directly or indirectly, Licensor’s exclusive right and title to the Software Product or the validity thereof.
C. End-User shall not attempt to develop any Software Product that contains the “look and feel” of any of the Software Product.
11. U.S. GOVERNMENT END USERS
The Software Product and related documentation are “Commercial Items,” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. § 2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation,” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. § 12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §§ 227.7202-1 to 227.7202-4, as applicable. The Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. Unpublished-rights are reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
12. EXPORT LAW ASSURANCES
You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Software Product except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Software Product was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Software Product may not be exported or reexported (a) into (or to a nation or resident of) any U.S. embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By installing or using any component of the Software Product, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND LICENSOR AND LICENSOR’S AFFILIATES (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS “LICENSOR” FOR THE PURPOSES OF SECTIONS 11 AND 12) HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. LICENSOR DOES NOT WARRANT AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT, THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY LICENSOR OR A LICENSOR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION ON APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL LICENSOR, ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSEES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT OR THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT SERVICES, EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY CASE, LICENSOR’S ENTIRE LIABILITY UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, IF YOU HAVE ENTERED INTO A SUPPORT SERVICES AGREEMENT, LICENSOR’S ENTIRE LIABILITY REGARDING SUPPORT SERVICES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE TERMS OF THAT AGREEMENT. BECAUSE SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15. CONTROLLING LAW AND SEVERABILITY
This EULA will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Texas between Texas residents. This EULA shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, the remainder of this EULA shall continue in full force and effect.
16. CONTACT INFO:
3463 Magic Dr., Suite 220
San Antonio, TX 78229
Last modified: August 20, 2021
Def-Logix, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.def-logix.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provides dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website]
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your systems security configurations; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information that you provide regarding your system security GAP analysis.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, the order form, and/or registration form. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information .
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Def-Logix Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Def-Logix Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Def-Logix, Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address and/or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
We do not control third parties collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You have the right to access the information that Company maintains about you, request deletion of your data, update your data, object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information and you correct or amend that information if it is inaccurate or has been processed in violation of privacy laws, to the extent allowed by law, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to opt-out of our marketing communications at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Information” heading below.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
To exercise these rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://www.oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
Legal Basis For Processing (European Union and Switzerland Visitors Only)
If you are a visitor from the European Union (EU) and Switzerland, our legal basis for collecting and processing the information described above will depend on the information concerned and the specific context in which we collect and process it. We collect and process information from you only where we have your consent (Art. 6 para 1 lit. a) GDPR), where we need the information to provide our contractual obligation to you (Art. 6 para 1 lit. b) GDPR) or where we have a legitimate interest to do so.
If you wish to learn more about specific legal ground(s) we rely on to process your information for any particular purpose (including any legitimate interests we have to process information), then please contact us using the details provided below under “Contact Information”. However, by way of example, we rely on our legitimate interests to process information for fraud prevention and detection, provided these interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (Art. 6 para 1 lit. f) GDPR).
Sensitive Personal Data
We do not knowingly collect or obtain from third parties, any personal data, including any “Sensitive Personal Data,” as defined under the GDPR. “Sensitive Personal Data” are personal data, revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership; data concerning health or sex life and sexual orientation; genetic data or biometric data.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Impact of EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
3463 Magic Dr., Suite 220
San Antonio, TX 78229